Monday, August 17, 2009

My Daughter the Cheerleader





What has more wiggles than woman with a wedgie, more moves than the globe trotters and a cuter smile than, well than just about anyone any where? My little one. I'm worn out just reflecting on her busy-ness.


When I suggested to my husband that our little one try cheer leading he was ambivalent. I said, "She could go with Fluffy and I to football Monday, Wednesday and Friday....she wouldn't be just sitting around watching TV." Which is unfortunately what my husband prefers to do...I won't start in on all I think he should do. There's months worth of blogging material right there! But I digress. He said, "She doesn't just watch TV...she stands on her head she jumps rope, she does back bends." Yes, I know I just spent a summer watching her busy-ness grow in magnitude. But I wanted to see my little one dressed up in a cute outfit, watch her cheer on her brother, and enjoy her cute little self. She wants to be just like her big sissy. I want her to have a positive outlet for her energy, make friends, and get some exercise. She wants to be just like her big sissy.


Tonight began her cheer leading adventure. I watched. My perfect little one could not stand still. She wiggled her knees back and forth, she did windmills with her hands, she hopped on one foot, then the other. She pulled up her skirt, she twirled her pig tails, she spun around. She smiled, she giggled, she cheered! When there was something to do she did it....when there wasn't, she did all of the above. I loved it, but I'm concerned. Not worried, just concerned.


See, little one wants to be just like big sissy. Big sissy, as well as two big brothers has adhd. So far I had convinced myself that adhd had passed over little one. I'm not so sure. We adopted our first three at 8, 6, and 4. Little one we've had since she was just a few months. She has benefited from the parenting we developed in response to the needs of our older children and has developed some very good habits. So we wait and see....and respond. Big sissy has made some rather selfish, impusive decisions which have cost her dearly.


Here's a little video I took while waiting just a few minutes for her brother's school bus. Busy, busy, busy!

The other one she made while waiting at the Dr for her cheerleading physical....I uploaded it by mistake and can't seem to get it off!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment