Thursday, June 11, 2009

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Kids....Huh?

When I mention that my four children are adopted the first comment is usually, "Aaaaw, it takes such a special person to do that." I always reply, "No, I'm not the special one. They made me a mom."

I am always happy to share our story, my children are as well. We adopted our oldest three as a sibling set at 8, 6 and 4. Their birth mom had two older children being raised by their birth father and a son born in a neighboring county after our three were in foster care. He was adopted in his county of birth. A year after placement we were blessed with her 7th child, a baby girl born in 2003. I'm sure you've already thought about what I hear next. "When are THEY going to tie her tubes?"

I usually hold it together. Then I calmly ask, "So, which of my children shouldn't have been born?" I then inquire, "Who is they?" Needless to say I don't get very good answers to either question. There just aren't any. An apology is the general response. Very much appreciated and my point all along.

I am honestly not genuinely offended by the comments. What really gets me is the lack of respect for personal liberty. Follow the link to this story....

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/45871127.html

I'd defend his liberty as well...but we shouldn't be paying for his 20+ kids.

So much more I could say but I'm off to dinner....just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment